JaiPure Yoga ™ Advanced 300-HOUR Teacher Training
Completion of 200 Hour Basic Certification with any accredited Yoga School.
The JaiPure Yoga 300 Hour Advanced Teacher Training is designed to deepen your own practice and knowledge and to assist you in developing the skills to impart that knowledge to others. You will explore more specialized and advanced asana and spiritual teachings.
Commitment to the practice is essential for this training. We will ask you to make yoga and its Spiritual and ethical Teachings your lifestyle for the duration of the training so it becomes as natural to you as brushing your teeth.
JaiPure Yoga ™ Advanced Teacher Training is an approved 300 Hr. program with Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of all the requirements, trainees will receive a certificate which may be submitted to Yoga Alliance for their registration.
Categories of Instruction:
- Physical: Deeper and subtler instruction in the asanas as well as sequencing and linking/transitioning poses. Further instruction in the use of props: rope wall, chairs, straps, blocks, and bolsters.
- Assisting: Further work in assisting through hands on adjustments to help students delve deeper into the pose safely and appropriately.
- Practicum: The trainee must be teaching a minimum of 2 classes per week. Instruction will be given for appropriate cueing as well as “theming” a class. A 1-1/2 to 2 hour workshop will be required of each trainee on a topic agreed upon by the trainee and Lead Instructors.
- Yoga Philosophy: Exploration of texts will include:
- Light on Prãnãyãma: The Yogic Art of Breathing by B.K.S. Iyengar
- The Diamond Cutter by Geshe Michael Roche
- The Upanishads by Eknath Eswaran
- The Yoga of Jesus by Paramahansa Yogananda (if time allows)
Prior to first session students must have read or reviewed: How Yoga Works by Michael Roach and Christie McNally and The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Reverend Jaganath Carrera
We will also explore more deeply the art of meditation and Raja Yoga, pranayama, dharma and giving talks at the beginning of each class.
- Kirtan: More instruction in playing the harmonium as well as chanting with a Master Teacher.
- Karma Yoga: The Yoga of Service: Service is essential to the yoga lifestyle. A service project comprised of specified hours must be completed by the end of training, subject agreed upon by trainee and Lead Instructors.
- Advanced Anatomy: In depth study of anatomical alignment and sequencing for injuries and common ailments.
- Healing Therapies Compliment Yoga: Discussion and hands on practice of various healing modalities: Pranic Healing, Source Point, and Ayurveda
- Sanskrit: Instruction on Sanskrit language and scriptures in Sanskrit
Dates and Times:
The JaiPure™ Teacher Training begins in November and is for the most part the third weekend of every month. Training ends May 2017. Attendance at all sessions is mandatory.
Weekend Course Time:
Friday nights from 6:30pm to 8:30 pm
Saturdays from 8:30am to 4:00 pm
Sundays from 8:30am to 4:00 pm
*Each participant is required take classes at JaiPure during training.
Full Tuition is $3,700. A completed Application, along with a deposit check payable to JaiPure Yoga in the amount of $1,000 is required for registration in JaiPure ™ Basic Teacher Training. Cost of books not included.
Registration & Payment:
A completed application must be accompanied with a deposit check payable to JaiPure Yoga in the amount of $1,000, sent to JaiPure Yoga, 575 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042. Please submit your application by mail to the above address or email to email@example.com.
Withdrawal refund prior to start date, $900. Thereafter, refunds are determined on an individual basis. The JaiPure ™ Teachers’ Training Manual other materials are the intellectual property of the author, and must be returned to JaiPure ™ upon withdrawal from program.
Yoga Alliance Registration:
The JaiPure ™ Advanced Teacher Training is approved and accredited with Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of all requirements, trainees receive a Certificate upon graduation from the training that may be submitted to Yoga Alliance for registration.
Please print out the JaiPure Yoga ™ Advanced 300-HOUR Teacher Training application and send by mail to JaiPure Yoga, 575 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.